This page’s contents add from other organisations that created resources with Auslan translations.
These resources have been developed with the support of Deaf Australia to provide deaf and hard of hearing boaters and paddlers with resources in their own language.
The resources consist of nine videos signed in Auslan and transcripts in English. The videos cover the following topics:
- Calling for help in an emergency
- Activating a distress beacon
- Dealing with a fire on a boat
- Logging On and Logging Off
- Wearing a lifejacket
- Vessel maintenance
- How to use the Marine Rescue App
- Weather and sea conditions